Another year, another set of resolutions! 2016 has been a rollercoaster for me personally; I honestly feel like I’ve aged and matured so much over the last year. And with 2017 approaching I promised to make positive changes to my life. One of those changes is my bookish habits.
I’d like to be more organized and productive, so for 2017 I made a journal/planner. I’ve written a full list of all of my resolutions- personal, professional and everything else. Besides getting a job, getting my license, and learning new things, my reading resolutions are:
- To be able to read 50 books for my 2017 Goodreads Reading Challenge.
- To participate in at least one readathon.
- To participate in the following reading challenges:
- 52 Weeks, 52 Books because it guarantees I’ll be able to read at least one book a week and be able to accomplish my 2017 Goodreads Reading Challenge
- Charity Reading Challenge because I want to save up more moolah and spend less money on books. Plus I do plan on heavily relying on our public library to obtain books I want to read
- 2017 Diverse Reads Book Challenge because we need more diverse books!!!
- To participate in the 2017 Review Writing Challenge.
- Join multiple free online classes. One of the many, many regrets that I have is taking school for granted. Now I just miss attending classes and studying and learning new things. Children, take it from this 20-year-old; it’s better to be busy and going to school than having nothing to do at all!
- Try to start a booktube channel? Because why not, right? I’m insecure about my talking skills, that being non-existent. I can better express myself in writing.
And these are my reading resolutions for next year! What are yours?